My first encounter with this dessert is in a dessert café in Singapore call 满记. This café serves nice dessert that always bring me back, however, the dessert there is not cheap.
This dessert called taro sago pudding. Something very new to me as I did not seen any of sago pudding before. After eating this dessert, I cant forget the sago pudding part so I decided to make my own of it.
Sago Custard Pudding Recipe
500ml water (for boiling sago)
300ml full cream milk
150g coconut cream
35g corn flour
55g custard powder
yellow food colouring (optional)
butter for brushing ramekins
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Wash and cook sago in 500ml water for 5 mins. Off fire soak for 10-15mins till all sago become clear. Soak in ice water for 10mins and drain dry
3. sift corn flour and custard powder in a bowl, mix in coconut cream and food colouring till smooth
4. put sugar, water and milk in large in large sauce pan bring to boil, add in custard mixture while stir constantly
5. stir in butter and sago till become thick
6. brush all ramekins with butter and pour pudding in sprinkle a little sugar on top
7. put into 2nd rack of oven and bake for 10mins
8. Serve hot and enjoy!!
P.S. If you visit Hong Kong do remember to drop by 满记, their dessert is good that you will want to go back for more!